Wednesday, October 29, 2008

SketchCrawl—10/26/08 Sanur, Bali

I have always wanted to do a sketchcrawl, but have never managed to get it together in Maine. So, Sunday (Saturday was moving day), I decided to do my own Bali sketchcrawl. Not knowing anyone here, I set off alone. Well, I'm never really alone because of the all the dogs and the people trying to sell me a sarong or a Rolex or get a massage right there on the beach path. 

It is Bali, so it was one hot sketchcrawl. Had to run for cover after these four sketches because I was starting to wilt.

How does she do that?


Planning her next Bali dog move...


The preferred mode of transportation in Bali.  There is a cool cream Vespa for sale in town...


Starting the day and life as a Bali dog.


12 comments:

Margaret Ann said...

Good for you...a solo sketch crawl...does the spirit good!

I can't decide which is more enjoyable...your sketches or your journaling...what a treat they both are for all of us...You seem to have made the adjustment to your new life smashingly well!

jen hook said...

Hi Jennifer,
Looks like you had a wonderful day, if you ever come to Melbourne Australia then you are welcome to join our little sketch group for a day out!
I am enjoying your bali sketches immensely!
Janice

Sandy said...

What no DSL, probably no Starbucks??!? Your work is so captivating, each sketch leads into the words and I am soooo enjoying this trip!

Ricardo Sérgio said...

Your drawings are all adorable. Great eye and sensibility.

Timaree said...

You drew some really nice sketches here. I love your dog and people sketches. I always wonder how they carry those loads too.

JennArtDesigns said...

Love this! What a great viewpoint!

Carol Bonomo said...

These turned out great! I can't even tell when you started to melt!

A Brush with Color said...

I look forward to each new installment of images and descriptions from you! This is great fun, and your art is wonderful!

Linda said...

They are all so wonderful -- I can see that you are really enjoying the different light. And the last one of the dog ... that's about as perfect as they come. PERFECT.
:-)

Wren said...

I've never done a sketch crawl either. Looks like you had a wonderful day! So loving the top view of the Bali dog. Perfect!! Really enjoying your blog and sketches..

Maureen said...

Great sketchcrawl. I especially like the interesting perspective with the dog. Your loose style is very expressive.

Cecelia said...

I just wondered if you posted these on the Sketch Crawl website. My grandson and I did this Sketch Crawl in Bryan, Texas, and my sister, my grandson and I have been doing them since last March. Lots of fun to do.
Enjoyed your blog. Very interesting to read and see so many different things.