Sunday, July 26, 2009

DSFDF challenge—Man resting on metal chair

I started working on the recent Different Strokes from Different Folks challenge from Karin Jurick, in between an apartment renovation and an illustration job. Jumping from one task to another, there were times when I would totally ignore "The Man" as I began to call him. I would come back and find the paint would be dry on both the painting and the palette. I would then have to start over and rework and it was getting frustrating. I finally had to stop the madness and say "I'm done" because it was taking too much time and I was running out of time! He looks younger than the man in the photograph, but who doesn't like that!

9 comments:

Judybec said...

beautiful job here Jennifer! your composition and colors are wonderful> yeah, who doesn't like to look younger!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ready for a top gallery - wonderful piece.

heather noye said...

Wow! This is just lovely!

A Brush with Color said...

He looks great! I was just looking at Annelein's take on this same guy--it's so cool to see all the different versions out there--I love yours!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Great job on th figure - and I love the subtle way you handled the door area. Very nice!

Kathleen Harrington said...

I struggled with the facial features - I like what you did with yours.
Kathleen

Ann Rogers said...

Nice entry, and love your color combinations. Well done!

Donna Mulholland said...

Love it! And have no idea what the photo looked like ... makes it easier to appreciate!

dominique eichi said...

very nice entry for DSFDF