Monday, March 22, 2010

Portraits for Julia Kay's Portrait Party


I joined Julia Kay's Portrait Party on Flickr last week. The process is to submit/post photos of yourself on Flickr and in turn you do portraits of all the other artists in the pool. How FUN is that!!!
Over the weekend, we were enjoying the gift of warmth and sun for the first day of spring, so I was sketching outdoors. Today it is gray and cold, as it usually is this time of year, so I'm back in my studio (It's not really a studio, it's a desk or the kitchen counter or the dining room table or even the bed). Top is my first submission, which is of the host of this fun party, Julia Kay.

My second submission below is Mariah O'Neill.

9 comments:

laura said...

That does sound like fun--and a test of one's courage to sign up! Julia Kay will be happy with this portrait, I think: I love the big, intelligent eyes!

nanke's stuff said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful, portrait. You did a super job on this! nancy

Minerva said...

I love the way you have drawn the hand, it frames the face and makes a powerful composition.

Ramona Davidson said...

Wonderful portraits. I like the colors and style. Great work.

jyothisethu said...

jennifer,
the portraits are beautiful...
congratulations

Dan Kent said...

Very nice - so expressive! Especially love the one of Mariah. Since I missed your last post I have to say that I love the lively dogs - wow - how you captured their movement and spirit!

Unknown said...

These are great! I've just gone to sign up; it looks like so much fun!

Julia Kay said...

Julia Kay does love her portrait!
Thank you for joining the party and blogging about it!
I can't believe how the party is growing - looking forward to more of your portraits!
Some highly active members are waiting with baited breath for new photos to draw from - so encouragement to other portraitists to join the fun!

izys said...

Your portraits are beautiful and i like your style.