Thursday, November 11, 2010

Shoes and sunset


New shoes "TOMS": Living in Maine it is inevitable that I finally have to put away my flip-flops. So now that old man winter has blanketed New England in cold darkness, I am wearing shoes, but not socks...yet.

I saw these shoes at a boutique in town. For every pair of Toms shoes that are purchased, TOMS will give a pair of shoes to a child in need. "ONE for ONE". That is so cool and how cool are these gilded gold herringbone shoes. I also ordered glitter black. Then I started thinking I should order white canvas and paint them...
Beautiful sunset last night over the city. I quickly sketched with conte´ crayons and ink.

9 comments:

Sandy in Michigan said...

Love those shoes! And you certainly treated to a beautiful evening sky last night. Quick thinking to capture it so well in your sketchbook.

Anonymous said...

A lovely idea! And, yes, painting your own might be fun. (I used to stitch and paint plain white tennis shoes.)

Cathy Holtom said...

Great idea for the shoes, they look very snazzy! I like your skyline and sky too.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Im teaching myselfto daily art journaldrawing, and watercolor.Your work is wonderful for me andhow Iwished you could have an on line class.
Thank you so for having this blog it is wonderful to come to. What kind of pens doyou use and journals?
Linda

Lynn said...

Cute shoes, and what a nice idea that is to give shoes to needy children. I've never heard of that company before but I'll look them up.

Dan Kent said...

The shoes are excellent! You can really see the molded shape, the inside is cool. And I like the splashy background! I like the ink work on your skyline also.

Unknown said...

I've heard of TOMS shoes! Gives extra incentive to buying a pair in every color!

Anonymous said...

Great sketches! Love the sunset.

rrARTz said...

i LOVE the drawing and love TOMS! i have three pairs and would love to buy all the colors! i have black with grommets and silver and black glitter. my daughters have two pairs each!