Thursday, April 2, 2015

Tools of my new trade


I have temporarily given up my drawing and painting tools for hammers, screwdrivers and drills as my sister and I have been proudly using the garage full of tools we inherited from our beloved late father to do renovations on our mom’s new home. My sister and I looked at each other and said "we can do this” and we have. 
We have installed all new light fixtures, dimmer switches, all new door handles, towel bars and the largest, heaviest TV on the planet onto a wall after finding the studs and screwing in the giant 3” bolts with the longest drill bit I have ever seen…and then we started on the unfriendly Arizona landscape…ouch!
Maybe someday I will draw again…

3 comments:

Kay said...

Cool tools, Jennifer. I bet your Mom really appreciates all of your help fixing up her house. Love your art work!

Melliott said...

Just don't saw off any fingers and it's all good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer! I just found your blog after about the hundreth attempt to find fellow sketch artists here in Maine. Guess I finally googled the right combo of search words :) Do you live, by chance, in the Portland area? I just moved here a year ago and am looking for someone the sketch with! Please email me! mariehosch@yahoo.com